Chia, also known as Salvia Hispanica is a flowering plant in the mint family, Lamiaceae, native to Central and Southern Mexico and Guatemala. Aztec warriors used to eat chia seeds to give them high energy and endurance. They said that just spoonful could sustain them for 24 hours. Chia means “strength” in Mayan language and they are known as runners food.
The benefits of Chia Seeds
- Contains Antioxidants that speed up the skin’s repair systems and help you from any further damage.
- Being high in dietary fiber, it benefits in bowel regularity and also helps in curbing hunger and appetite suppression.
- The chia seeds create gelatin-like substance and it works as a prebiotic that supports the growth of probiotics in the gut.
- It has the ability to reverse inflammation, regulate cholesterol and lower blood pressure.
It also used for
- Hyperactivity Disorder
- Weight Loss
- Strengthens the immune system
- Promote sound sleep
- Strengthing Bones
- Build Muscle
- Help treat Diabetes
- Fight Breast and Cervical Cancer
- Dental Health
Benefits during pregnancy
- Great Source of Omega-3s
- Replenish Lost Nutrients
- Slow Sugar Absorption
- Rich source of Iron and Calcium
- Energy Boosters