The Quinoa Chia seed protein bars is something you should have in your fast-moving lives. This dish is best as a filler meal or when you are feeling hungry but feeling lazy. So here are the ingredients for these chia seeds protein bars, a super food and the directions on how to make them.
- 1/2 cup dry quinoaI used white, but you can use any variety
- 1/2 cup chia seedsI used black chia seeds, but any kind will work
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1 cup rolled oatsgluten free
- 1/4 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cardamom
- 1/2 cup raw almonds; coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine quinoa, chia seeds, flax seed, rolled oats, cinnamon, salt, cardamom and chopped raw almonds. Stir to combine.
- In a small, microwave-safe dish, combine raw almond butter, organic brown rice syrup and honey. Stir to mix, then microwave for 1 minute to soften.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir with a plastic spatula to thoroughly mix. Wet ingredients may begin to firm up, in which case you will need to use clean hands to knead the mixture together.
- When finished, transfer your mixture to a parchment lined baking dish (I used an 8 x 8 glass Pyrex dish), and pat down mixture with a plastic spatula to make a single, even layer.
- Bake on middle rack of oven for 15 minutes.
- When finished, remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes, remove bars from the pan by lifting up the sides of the parchment paper. Place bars on a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Cut finished bars with a sharp, non-serrated knife or pizza cutter.
- Wrap cooled bars in saran wrap and store in refrigerator until ready to eat.